Relieve cost pressures with simple billing solutions
The COVID-19 pandemic has placed enormous pressure on small and medium businesses (SMBs). We’ve seen some of our customers close their doors for now, some operating under a different model, and others looking to use this crisis as the impetus for a whole new era of innovation and improvement, driving business growth.
It’s a tricky time for us all as we navigate a world that’s been upended by COVID-19. We understand what our customers are going through and we’re here to help you through it so you can emerge on the other side of this disruption strong and ready for business.
We have identified two key concerns and opportunities for small businesses:
1. How to recalibrate to more effectively weather the current storm. Cutting costs deeply and indiscriminately is not going to set your business up for success in the long term, so it’s important to be more strategic about how you reset your business in throughout the recovery for future success.
2. Where to achieve savings. The good news is that there is likely to be an area in your business that’s ripe for cost savings and efficiency gains while having zero negative impact on your operational abilities.
Reducing print costs can be a goldmine
Research from IDC has shown that 59 per cent of Australian small businesses don’t have a company directive to reduce print costs. If you’re one of these organisations then you are likely to be sitting on a goldmine of opportunity to reduce your costs and streamline your processes, freeing up time and resources.
Some of the reasons your printing-related management costs could be getting out of hand include:
Difficulty managing budgets
If you pay a different amount each month for your printing needs depending on how much you print, for example, then it’s hard to accurately manage your budgets. Not knowing what you’ll need to pay from one month to the next means you could have a higher-than-expected bill one month but you don’t have the kind of certainty that lets you plan accurately.
Furthermore, this approach may make it hard for you to accurately track what you’re really spending on printing. This lack of visibility can lead to inertia; it seems easier to just continue with the status quo rather than try to untangle all the information and see where you could be saving money by streamlining processes.
Human resources tied up in managing invoices
Managing various invoices from your different print-related providers can put a significant strain on your resources, create opportunities for error, and carry a real dollar cost. Complex accounts payable reconciliation that requires staff resources and meter reads can be costing your business more than you think.
Do you know how much time every month your staff members spend gathering and reconciling print-related usage and invoices? They should be spending no time at all on these tasks, which are simply a burden to your business. Instead, they should be focused on value-adding activities that will position your business for growth into the future.
Providing a solution for SMBs
During a complex time in which your business is likely facing many challenges, it makes sense to simplify your operations wherever possible. Not only will this free up time and headspace for your employees, but it will also reduce your costs. And, these savings aren’t just temporary or short-term; they will continue into the long term as your business comes out the other side of the COVID-19 challenge.
It’s important to choose a partner that simplifies your business, saving you money and managing your print needs seamlessly. Konica Minolta works closely with our customers to find the right solution for them. OneRate may be ideal for your business. Here’s how it works:
- Predictable: There are no meter reads or cost-per-page billing, and no hidden fees. Instead, you make one single, consistent payment that lets you manage your budgets more confidently.
- Convenient: Toner delivery and service is fully automated. You won’t receive consumables until just before you need them.
- Simple: Your staff members don’t need to reconcile invoices, gather information on print usage, order consumables, or read meters. This saves them time and saves you money.
With Konica Minolta OneRate, we take care of your printing needs so you can concentrate on your business. To find out more about how OneRate can help your business both now and in the future, contact us today.
 IDC Australia and New Zealand: Small Business Research 2017